GWA Wingfoil Race Class
Welcome to the GWA Wingfoil Race Class
The GWA Wingfoil Race Class was formed by the founding members of the Global Wingsports Association as a Class for Racing. It will submit an application to World Sailing with the backing of all the major manufacturers. It has been formed so that all athletes have equal opportunities to race in different formats on production equipment, that is registered once a year.
The GWA Race Class has been formed by industry membership and will hold an annual AGM. It has a constitution and different levels of membership available. An executive secretary is appointed by the board to oversee the day to day running of the Association.
Membership is open to Industry, Member National Sailing Authorities(MNA), National Wingsports Associations(NWA) and Athletes. Below is set out membership fees. All athletes have to be members of the GWA Wingfoil Race Class or their respective National MNA or NWA.
To register as a GWA Wingfoil Race Class Member please send an e-mail to email@example.com with:
- Type of membership (Athelete, MNA, NWA etc.)
- Name of the Association / Athlete
- Contact Details
You’ll be sent a complete application form as soon as possible after receival of your e-mail.
€500,- / brand
+ Registered equipment fee payable on all 2022 equipment -scheme to be announced shortly
One vote at the Class AGM.
MNA’s (Member National Sailing Authorities)
€200,- / year – for 3 or more athletes
Limited Membership (LTD) – €100 /year
For developing nations and those National Class Associations (NCA’s) that are unable to be fully represented at Class World and Continental Championships, ie 2 active competitor members or less.
NCA’s (National Class Associations)
€100,- / year
1. Membership Fees for athletes attending Class events 2021:
- Athlete membership fee for 1 Class event = 60,- Euro p.a.
- Athlete membership fee for 2 Class events and more = 120,- Euro p.a.
- Class membership fee includes insurance and the right to compete also in the GWA Wingfoil World Tour in 2021.
- Athlete membership fee needs to be paid in 2021 even if the athlete is member of an MNA.
2. Membership Fees for athletes attending Class events 2022:
- Athlete membership fee for 1 Class event = 60,- Euro
- Athlete membership fee for 2 Class events and more = 120,- Euro
- Class membership fee includes insurance and the right to compete also at the GWA Wingfoil World Tour in 2021.
- If the athlete is member of a MNA(Member National Sailing Authorities) which is member of the GWA Wingfoil Race Class the athlete membership fee is as follows:
a) 1 Class event = 30,- Euro p.a
b) 2 Class events and more = 60,- p.a.
c) Reduced Class membership fee in accordance to 2. (4) a) and b) does not include insurance coverage by the GWA Wingfoil Race Class and also does not include the right to compete at the GWA Wingfoil World Tour.
The newly elected Committee:
Chairman: Raphael Salles
Vice-Chairman: David Hastilow
Treasurer: Colin Jacobs
Click here to read more about the GWA Wingfoil Race Class Comittee.
The secretary is appointed by the committee to handle the day to day running of the association on a yearly basis this is a non voting role.
Richard Gowers – Secretary
Devon, TQ7 3AE (UK)
+44 7980 553057
Click here to download the Constitution (TBC).
The GWA Wingfoil Race Class is an entity of its own and legally independent from the GWA. Click here to read the Imprint / Legal Notice.